- Open the native ‘Voice Memo’ app on your iPhone. If available, connect headphones with inbuilt microphone for best quality.
2. Press big red circle to record, and speak.
As you talk you should see the sound waves register on the screen.
3. Press big red square to stop recording
Then press the three dots on the screen.
4. Select ‘share’ followed by ‘mail’, send to your own email address. Open the mail on whatever device you will be uploading the audio from and save it to the hard drive.
5. Continue to fill out the rest of the Oral History response form.
Download the steps as a PDF:
How to record your oral history on an Apple iPhone