- If you do not already have the ‘Voice Memos’ app on your computer you can download it here https://apps.apple.com/us/app/voice-memos/id1069512134.
2. If available, connect headphones with inbuilt microphone for best quality.
3. Press big red circle to record, and speak.
As you talk you should see the sound waves register on the screen.
4. Press the pause button to stop recording.
If you want to record more press “resume”. When you are done press “done”.
5. Save on to the hard drive. You can save it on your desktop by dragging the file from Voice Memos and dropping it on the desktop.
6. Continue to fill out the rest of the Oral History response form.
Download the steps as a PDF:
How to record your oral history on an Apple computer