1. Open ‘Voice Record Pro’ app on device (download here for free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ca.bejbej.voicerecordpro&hl=en_IE)
2. If available, connect headphones with inbuilt microphone for best quality.
3. Under ‘record format’ select MP3 (MPEG).
Press REC button to record.
4. As you talk, the bars at the top of the screen should be moving.
5. Press Stop button.
Select ‘Send by Email’ and send to your own email address. Open the mail on whatever device you will be uploading the audio from and save it to the hard drive.
6. Continue to fill out the rest of the Oral History response form.
Download the steps as a PDF:
How to record on an Android phone